Bhubaneswar: In order to ensure smooth conduct of Durga Puja celebration, the Commissionerate Police has imposed certain traffic restrictions in the state capital, which restricts movement of heavy vehicles from 4 pm to 2 am everyday till October 20.
According to the notification, traffic restrictions imposed on plying of heavy in Bhubaneswar are:-
- Khandagiri crossing to Pokhariput crossing and vice versa via Jagamara and Gandamunda crossings
- Fire Training School crossing to Sishu Bhawan crossing and vice versa via Paika Nagar, Siripur and Ganganagar crossings
- CRP crossing to Power House crossing and vice versa via Stewart School and Unit-8 DAV School crossings
- Jayadev Vihar to Raj Bhawan crossing and vice versa via Behera Sahi and Sastri Nagar crossing
- Jayadev Vihar to Nandankanan and vice versa via Xavier, Kalinga Hospital, Damana and Patia crossings
- Acharya Vihar crossing to New Airport crossing and vice versa via Nicco Park, Patel Marg, Housing Board, Rabindra Mandap and AG crossings
- Acharya Vihar crossing to Kalinga Hospital crossing and vice versa via Sainik School crossing
- Vanivihar crossing to Sishu Bhawan crossing and vice versa via Rupali, Satya Nagar, Ram Mandir, Master Canteen and Rajmahal crossings
- Rasulgarh crossing to Lingipur crossing and vice versa via Bomikhal, Laxmisagar, Kalpana, Ravi Talkies and Samantarapur crossings
- Both side service roads of NH-16 from Baramunda to Palasuni
- Heavy vehicles coming from Khordha side will be divereted from Pitapalli to Balikuda via Chandaka and Barang. Vehicles may be diverted from CRP Square to Bidyut Marg via Ekamra Villa
- During Ravan Podi, vehicles coming on NH-16 from Cuttack side will be diverted from Jayadev Vihar to CRP Square via Behera Sahi, Sastri Nagar, Power House and Unit-8 DAV crossings
- Passenger buses coming from Puri to Bhubaneswar will be allowed to ply from Lingipur to Baramunda bus stand via Samantarapur, Kalpana, Rajmahal, Sishu Bhawan, Ganga Nagar and Fire Training School.
- Similarly, buses coming from Baramunda to Puri will be allowed to ply in the same route upto Sishu Bhawan crossing and then through Mausima, Museum, Samantarapur crossings to Lingipur on NH.
Violation of the order is an offence punishable under Section 96 of Odisha Urban Police Act, 2003, and the violator may be fined Rs 500, which may extend up to Rs 1,000, the notification further said.