New Delhi: Amidst the uproar on demonetization, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on the 26th edition of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on Sunday. He urged the nation and encouraged everyone to embrace the new technology such as e-banking and online payments praising the advantages of “cashless economy”.
He acknowledged that while a ‘cashless’ society is not immediately possible, and appealed to the people especially to the youth to work towards it by being part of a ‘less-cash’ society immediately. Demonetisation of Rs 500 and 1,000 notes have been made for the sake of the country`s poor, farmers, labourers and deprived.
Some highlights of Mann ki Baat:
- Focus on the development of the future of the children in their towns.
- Don’t play with lives of the poor by depositing illegal money into their accounts.
- Farmers in the country are vital axis of the economy.
- Using technology, mobile apps, mobile banks, e-wallet and credit cards to bring out change.
- Labourers of the country to open bank accounts, deposit their salary in these accounts so minimum wage act is followed. Opening bank accounts will help solve the problem.
- After demonetisation 300% increase in the use of Rupay card as poor people have started using it.