Bhubaneswar: Women leading by example in various fields are being felicitated and inetracting with thos ewho need inspiration on the occasion of International Women’s Day celebratiosn in the capital city.
In today’s world, when everyone is speaking of women empowerment, many upcoming events have been organized to commemorate the day.
- International Women’s Day (IWD) celebration at Conference Hall, Institute of Media Studies at 10:30 am
- IWD celebration by ‘Suno Lo Sakhi’ at Red Cross Bhawan at 11:30 am
- IWD celebration by Rama Devi Women’s University and Sahitya Academi University premises at 10 am
- IWD Celebration by All India Democratic Women Union, near Keshari Cinema Hall
Besides, to mark the International Women’s Day 2017, with a theme, ‘Be Bold for Change’, the second car rally has been conducted in the city from 8 am to 10 am with an objective to give womanhood a different image. In the event, women car enthusiast in 70 cars decorating them in bold themes started from KIIT Stadium and covered major roads of the city.
Not only today, the day has been seen to be observed since about a week with events been conducted like;
- International Women’s Day was observed by the Family Counseling Center of Indian Red Cross, Orissa State Branch at Red Cross Bhavan on March 6, at the end of which five persons were honored with ‘women of success’ for their success stories by the Guests.
- The fifth edition of the Aarya Awards was organised by Parichay Foundation on March 6, where around 12 Odia women achievers were awarded by Nobel Peace Prize winner Kailash Satyarthi.
Not only events, the retail outlets in the city also have planned to celebrate the day by offering lucrative offers for the customers. Some of it includes;
- Big Bazaar – Shop for Rs 2000 and get vouchers worth Rs 1000.
- Central – Shop for Rs 4000 from any ladies category and get free gym vouchers, free discounted Spa vouchers, dining vouchers, beauty hampers from ‘Chambor’ and flat 25 % off on ‘Lakhme’.
It may be noted here that International Women’s Day is annually held on March 8 to celebrate women’s achievements throughout history and across nations. It is also known as the United Nations (UN) Day for Women’s Rights and International Peace. It was first held on March 8 in 1914 in Germany. The day was dedicated to women’s right to vote. Since then it is being observed by all the countries on March 8.