Woman dies saving 5-yr-old daughter from electrocution


Kalahandi: In a tragic incident, a woman died of electrocution while trying to save her five-year-old daughter at Jayantpur village in Kalahandi district on Saturday.

The incident took place at Nuapada of Jayantpur village under Golamunda block of Kalahandi district on Saturday morning. The deceased was identified as Rasabati Majhi.

According to sources, Rasabati’s five-year-old daughter Sagarika was playing near an electric pole in the village when she accidentally came in contact with an electric wire. Hearing her screams, Rasabati rushed to her rescue. While trying to save her daughter, Rasabati also came in contact with the live electric wire.

The mother-daughter duo was critically injured. They were being rushed to the district headquarters hospital in Bhawanipatna by the family members when Rasabati succumbed to her injuries en route.

On the other hand, the minor girl was undergoing treatment at the hospital and her condition was stated to be stable.

Meanwhile, the husband of the deceased, Nakul, held the electricity department responsible for the death of his wife. As Nakul is very poor, the locals appealed to the administration to provide him compensation.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.