Cuttack: At least two rooms of Pathology department of SCB Medical College and Hospital here were gutted after a fire broke out in one of the rooms of the hospital last night.
However, no casualty or injury has been reported in the mishap.
According to sources, the fire broke out late last night. The matter came into light when the authorities opened the department this morning. But by then the room along with various equipment and medicines were reduced to ashes.
Fire brigade officials rushed to the spot and doused the flames. Officials also visited the spot to take stock of the situation.
Though the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, hospital authorities suspect that the fire broke out following an electrical short circuit in one of the air conditioners.