Two labourers die of asphyxiation in Angul


Angul: Two labourers died of asphyxiation at Gadashila under Kaniha area in Angul district last night. The identities of the deceased are yet to be known.

According to sources, the labourers had come to one Hemant Pradhan’s house for tile work. Their bodies were found today morning.

On being informed, NTPC police reached the spot and seized the bodies.

Prima facie investigation suggested that they died after inhaling carbon monoxide generated from burning coal which they had kept to make themselves warm during the winter night.

The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and further probe into the incident is underway.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.