Dhenkanal: The second phase financial assistance under the KALIA Scheme will be provided to the beneficiary farmers on April 1 (Utkal Diwas), announced Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today.
Addressing a mega convention of farmers in Dhenkanal, Patnaik said that the KALIA Yojana has shown a path to the rest of the country for the development of farmers. The state government is also ensuring that not even a single eligible farmer is deprived of inclusion in the scheme.
The Chief Minister today also inaugurated as well as laid the foundation stones of 103 projects worth Rs 953 crore in Dhenkanal district and 36 projects worth Rs 1129 crore in Angul district.
According to reports, Patnaik reached Panchupada here this afternoon and unveiled the development projects worth Rs 2,082 Cr for the two districts. The CM then attended the KALIA farmers’ convention in Hindol at around at 4 pm, where he addressed a massive public gathering and distributed financial assistance of Rs 1250 crore to over 10 lakh landless farmers.
This apart, Patnaik also launched the KALIA scholarship for the higher education of children belonging to KALIA beneficiaries. The children of KALIA beneficiaries also addressed the gathering and thanked the Chief Minister for the initiative.
Here is the list of projects inaugurated in Dhenkanal:
- 18 check dams in Gandia, Hindol, Kamakhyanagar, Parajang and Dhenkanal Sadar Ranapasi railway overbridge
- 13 rural pipe water projects in Gandia, Dhenkanal Sadar, Hindol, Odapada, Kamakhyanagar, Bhuban, Parajang and Kankadahada blocks
- Four road construction projects in Dhenkanal, Bhuban, Kamakhyanagar and Kankadahada
- 132/33 kV grid sub-station in Khajuriakata
- Two bridges on Ramial river in Kamakhyanagar block
Projects for which foundation stones were laid in Dhenkanal are:
- Parvati Giri mega lift irrigation project worth Rs 81.50 crore for 2954 hectares of farmland in Chhatia and Saradeipur
- Mega pipe water BASUDHA projects worth Rs 129.69 crore for 132 villages of Odapada block.
- Mega pipe water BASUDHA projects worth Rs 159.71 crore for 185 villages of Hindol block.
- 132/33 kV grid sub-station in Gandia block
- Four road construction projects in Hindol, Kankadahada and Parajanga14 pipe water projects in Gandia, Dhenkanal, Bhuban and Parajanga
- Three-lane Bridge worth Rs 254 crore over Brahmani River in Dhenkanal Sadar- Kamakhyanagar block
- 20 check-dams in Dhenkanal Sadar, Gandia, Odapada and Hindol
Here is the list of projects inaugurated in Angul:
- Ogi-Para-Tainsi-Jagannathpur road project in Chhendipada block
- Bridge over Purunakote canal on Angul-Tikarpada road
- High-level bridge on Singada canal in Talcher block and Chhendipada block’s Aunli canal
- Six pipe water projects in Angul, Athamallik, Chhendipada and Pallalahara
Projects for which foundation stones were laid in Angul are:
- Parvati Giri mega lift irrigation project worth Rs 162.80 crore for 5900 hectares of farmland in Kadapada Kuteswar, Kumihan and Olatha
- Two high-level bridges on the main canal of Derajanga
- Two high-level bridges on Chadaka canal and Aunli canal
- 11 road projects in Angul, Kisornagar, Athamallik, Chhendipada, Pallalahara and Talcher
- 100-bed special ward for Angul District Headquarters Hospital
- 30-bed women and childcare unit for Pallalahara sub-divisional hospital
- Regional Transport Office in Talcher
- Maa Hingula Cultural Complex
- Mega piper water projects for Chhendipada, Talcher and Kania
- Minor irrigation projects for Talcher’s Nandirajor and Rukuna