Bhubaneswar: The Public Works Department (PWD) is all set to construct 10 bypass roads as a part of priority project intended for reducing road accidents in the state.
Rural Development Minister of Odisha Suryanarayan Patra made an announcement regarding the upcoming road bypass projects to be constructed by PWD. The various projects include:
- Berhampur town-Titlagarh town on NH-59
- Bolangir town-Nabrangpur town on NH-26
- Nabrangpur town-Borigumma town on NH-26
- Jeypore Town-Koraput town on NH-26
- In Bhawanipatna on NH-26
- In Kotapada on NH-63
- In Jharsuguda on NH-49
However, the land acquisition procedure for construction of above bypass road projects has been started. Another three projects are road over bridges to be constructed over railway crossings to avoid unneeded traffic jam.
These three projects have obtained Union Government’s approval but the work progress will begin after receiving the project report from civil consultants. The three over bridges include:
- Bypass between Gopalpur-Berhampur in Ganjam district on NH-516
- At Kesinga on NH-26 in Kalahandi district
- At Khariar road on NH-353