Over 10 students taken ill after consuming chocolates in Angul

40

Angul: More than ten students of Alekhapatna Project School in Angul district were taken ill after consuming chocolates brought by a schoolmate on Monday.

The sick students were undergoing treatment at the District headquarters hospital (DHH) here.

According to sources, one of the school students had brought the chocolates and distributed it among some of his classmates. A few hours later, the students complained of uneasiness and nausea.

The school authorities immediately rushed them to the District headquarters hospital.

Although the actual reason behind the illness has not been ascertained, the doctor suspected it to be a case of food poisoning. The condition of the students is stated to be stable, sources said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.