Kandhamal: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated and laid foundation stones for projects worth Rs 250 crore in Kandhamal district during his visit to Phulbani on Sunday.
The Odisha CM left from Bhubaneswar at 2.15 pm today and arrived at Kandhamal Stadium via Gudari where he joined the Biju Yuva Vahini’s ‘Youth Conclave’.
Patnaik inaugurated 19 projects worth Rs 57 crore and laid foundation stones for 47 projects worth Rs 177 Cr during his one-day visit to the tribal-dominated district of Odisha.
Addressing the huge public gathering, the Chief Minister said, “Today, I’m announcing four new development projects for the district that include a high-level bridge on Salandi river in Rs 15 crore, road renovation of Khamarikhol-Gudimaska road in Rs 8 crore and Rs 7 crore worth pipe water supply projects for Baliguda NAC and innovation.”
The Odisha CM, in his address, praised the volunteers of Biju Yuva Vahini for engaging themselves in selfless service and called them to work dedicatedly towards the larger interest of society.
On the occasion, Patnaik also handed over Record of Rights to 5000 landless slum dwellers of Kandhamal, Bargarh, Khordha, Cuttack and Deogarh districts.
Here is the list of development projects launched by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today:
- Anwesha Hostels in Phulbani, G. Udayagiri and Tikabali
- Modernized and expanded Spices Processing Unit in Kandhamal
- Phulbani automated driving testing track
- 300 seated girls and boys hostel for Phulbani Government (Autonomous) college
- 300 seated girls hostel for Sanjay Memorial Women’s College
- Kandhamal district resource centre
- Upgraded Boida higher middle school and newly-built Phulbani library
Foundations stones laid the Odisha CM are listed below:
- 8 high-level bridges in Chakapad, Khajuripada, Tikabali, Daringbadi, Balliguda and Kotagarh
- 14 rural piped water supply projects in Phiringia, Daringbadi, Khajuripada and Kotagad
- 10 developed high schools in Phulbani, Chakapda, Khajuripada, Tumudibandha and Baliguda blocks
- Expansion of pipe water supply project in G. Udayagiri and development of Balliguda NAC project
- 50-bed facility at Balliguda sub-divisional hospital; Upgradation of Phulbani-Gochapada road
- 100 seated hostel for minority students in Phulbani
- 3 infrastructural development works of Phulani Municipality
- Road renovation of Raikia-Gandasila canal-Sarangagada and Raikia-Simanbadi