Bhubaneswar: Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s roadshow in Bhubaneswar tomorrow (April 16), the Commissionerate Police today issued a traffic advisory for public safety and security.
As per the tentative schedule, the Prime Minister will arrive at the Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA) and reach the meeting venue at Baramunda via Siripur Square.
Here are the traffic restrictions to be in force from 2 pm to 10 pm for the smooth movement of vehicles during the PM’s visit to the capital city of Odisha.
- The general public are advised not to use NH-16 between 2 pm and 10 pm
- Local buses plying between Baramunda bus stand towards Cuttack will use the service road up to Vani Vihar and then go up on NH-16 flyover
- Similarly, passenger buses coming from Cuttack to Baramunda bus stand will ply on NH-16 flyover and proceed to Khandagiri Square and then take a right turn onto the service road to reach Baramunda bus stand
- Buses arriving from Khuda to Baramunda will avail the service road to reach the bus stand
- All light vehicles and four-wheelers commuting on NH-16 from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar will be diverted from Balikuda Chhak (under Cuttack UPD) to Pitapalli Chhak (under Bhubaneswar UPD) via Trisulia, Barang and Chandaka Chhak between 2 pm and 10 pm. Same traffic arrangement will be applicable for through light vehicles on NH-16 from Khurda to Cuttack
- All heavy goods vehicles/ trucks coming on NH-16 from Khurda to Bhubaneswar will be parked at Pitapalli Chhak and those heavy goods vehicles/ trucks commuting from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar will be parked at Manguli and beyond between 2 pm and 10 pm.
Also Read: Modi to visit Kendrapara on April 27