Minor dies, eight others taken ill due to food poisoning in Rayagada village
Rayagada: A minor died while eight others were taken ill after consuming food at a wedding function at Sikharpai panchayat under Kalyansinghpur block of Rayagada district last night.
According to sources, the victims had been to a wedding function at a village under Sikharpai panchayat where they have consumed food. Soon after, they complained of stomach pain and some of them started vomiting.
All the ill-taken were then admitted to the nearby hospital where a minor was declared ‘brought dead’ while eight others are undergoing treatment at the hospital.
Reportedly, a medical team is constantly monitoring the health condition of patients suffering from food poisoning.
It is suspected that the food was prepared with poor quality oil which resulted in food poisoning, added sources.