Four houses gutted in Kendrapara village
Kendrapara: At least four houses were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out at Dhaniapada village in Marshaghai block in Kendrapara district late on Saturday night.
Though no loss of life has been reported, properties worth lakhs were gutted.
According to sources, the fire broke out at Jagabandhu Pradhan’s house in the village and later engulfed the nearby houses. On being informed, Marshaghai fire department personnel reached the spot and doused the flame.
Though the actual reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that a short-circuit might have caused the fire, an official said.