Bhubaneswar: Panic gripped the people at Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital after a fire broke out on the second floor of the hospital on Monday morning. However, no casualty was reported.
According to reports, the fire erupted in the Physiotherapy Department of the hospital. The flames and smoked engulfed the entire department in a matter of minutes.
Fortunately, there was no casualty as there were no students or hospital staff present in the section.
On being informed, fire tenders reached the spot and doused the flames.
Though the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, fire personnel suspect an electric short-circuit might have triggered the fire.