Elephant dies of electrocution in Bolangir

27

Bolangir/Dhenkanal: An elephant died after coming in contact with high-tension electric wire at Uperjhar village of Bolangir district on Wednesday morning.

According to sources, the elephant was passing through the area when it hit an electric pole. The 11KV electric wire snapped following the collision and fell on the elephant, killing it on the spot.

While the carcass of the elephant was lying on the spot, its teeth were found missing.

In another case, one person sustained critical injuries after being attacked by a wild elephant at Ankarantipur in Dhenkanal district. The injured, Srinivas Deuri, was shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.

According to sources, Srinivas was asleep when the elephant entered his house and trampled him.  The elephant also damaged a school boundary wall yesterday night.

In view of rising elephant menace in the area, the residents staged a road blocking agitation on National Highway 55 by burning tyres.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.