Elephant dies of electrocution in Angul


Angul: An elephant died after coming in contact with live electric wires at Telitaila of Bantala forest range in Angul district on Monday.

According to sources, Amulya Pradhan of Pokatunga village has taken an electric connection to his farmland for a lift irrigation project. The elephant was passing through the area today when it came in contact with the live wires and died on the spot.

On being informed, forest department officials visited the spot and launched a probe into the matter. The forest officials said the elephant was aged between 14 and 15 years.

The forest officials got the post-mortem conducted of the elephant and detained Pradhan for questioning.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.