Cylone Titli affects 11 Odisha districts: Report
Bhubaneswar: The very severe cyclone Titli caused wide spread damage in several parts of Odisha in the last 72 hours. The State Government has also taken up adequate measures in 11 districts for rescue, relief and restoration.
The State Emergency Operation Center in Bhubaneswar today released an initial report of the situation in the cyclone-affected districts of the state and the efforts taken up by the state government to tackle the situation.
According to reports, the depression over Gangetic West Bengal moved northeastwards during past six hours and weakened into a well marked low pressure area over Gangetic West Bengal and neighbourhood at 5.30am on Thursday.
Rainfall during last 24 hours: Average rainfall of the state recorded on 13th October 2018 for the last 24 hours is 17.4 mm. The districts received significant amount of rain fall are Balasore- 86.9 mm, Mayurbhanj- 78.8, Bhadrak- 67.8 mm, Jajpur- 61.9 mm , Keonjhar- 43.6 mm, Jagatsinghpur – 42.3 mm
Flood Situation: Due to heavy downpour flood situation has arisen in the river Rushikulya and Vanshadhara.
River’s Water Level in Metres:
- No of District Affected: 11 (Gajapati, Ganjam, Rayagada, Puri, Kandhamal, Kendrapada, Keonjhar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Khorda & Jagatsinghpur)
- No of Blocks Affected: 76 (Gajapati-7, Ganjam-22, Puri-9, Kendrapada-9, Kandhamal-6,Cuttack-8,Dhenkanal-3,Khorda-7,Jagatsinghpur-1,Rayagada-2, Keonjhar-2)
- No of Villages affected- 6341
- Population Affected: 45, 84,663
- Persons evacuated and sheltered: 3,42,621 persons evacuated and sheltered in 1268 relief centres on account of cyclone and subsequent flood .
- Today, 128944 persons sheltered in 1053 relief centre.
- Electricity and road communication disrupted due to falling of trees in Gajapati District.
- Major portion of Foot Bridge over Kalingadala barrage (River Bahuda) has been washed away due to heavy rain in Ganjam district.
- Trees have fallen in some places causing road blocks in Rayagada district.
- Land slide occurred at Bengedangaghat, Daringibadi due to heavy rainfall In Kandhamal District. 4 bridges have been damaged.
- A breach on embankment has occurred near village Arakuda of Krushnaprasad Block due to storm surge in Puri district.
- A 50 ft. breach occurred at village Brahmagiripatna under Kanasa Block of Puri district.
- A breach occurred in Ichhapur village under Sapua tributary in Cuttack district which marooned 5 villages and 1500 population under Athagarh block of Cuttack district.
- House Damaged: As per preliminary estimate, 2209 numbers of houses damaged in Ganjam, Kandhamal, Puri, Keonjhar, Cuttack, Dhenknal and Khorda district. (Ganjam- 1455, Puri-38, Kandhmal- 83, Keonjhar-11,Cuttack-264,Dhenkanal-234,Khorda-124)
- Crop Damage: 103095 hect (approx) of Crop area affected in Ganjam, Keonjhar, Khorda, Jagatsinghpur districts.
- Livestock: As per preliminary estimate 50022 livestock affected & 1543 livestock casualty occurred.
- 13,139 persons have been evacuated and sheltered in 161 shelters
- Fire Service Team & NDRF team engaged in cutting of trees for road clearance.
- DG (Fire Services) has sent 45 power saws and manpower available at Cuttack to Gajapati district
- OFDC has sent 70 skilled persons with 13 Power Saws & axe and other equipment for road clearances
- 6 rescue team consisting 30 personnel with 6 boats are in operation in Gajapati district
- 34 teams with 50 Power saw are working to clear up roads from Mohana to Paralakhemundi and other roads
- of free kitchen centers opened- 395
- 94265 people have been in evacuated and sheltered in 683 shelters
- 42 nos. of mobile medical teams deployed
- 145 nos. of Medical Relief Centres opened
- 115 Pregnant women shifted to Maa Gruha
- 50 team consisting of 150 personnel with power saw are engaged in clearing the falling trees on roads.
- 150 personnel divided into 25 teams with 25 power boats deployed to different places for rescue operation.
- Additional 12 teams consisting of 65 personnel mobilized from Cuttack, Bhubaneswar and Puri deployed to Aska for rescue & relief
- 16 Free kitchen centers at 14 villages are in operation at Gunupur & Rayagada covering 1138 beneficiaries.
- Polythene have been distributed to the people whose houses are damaged
- Fire Services deployed to the affected areas.
- Road clearing is going on.
- 1 Medical Relief Centre opened
- 26 Pregnant women shifted to Maa Gruha.
- Cooked food & Chuda have been provided to 15798 persons
- of Relief Camps Opened- 67
- 15 nos of pump set engaged for dewatering in Puri Municipality
- 125 Qtl Chuda and 13 Qtl Gur have been distributed among the beneficiaries
- 22 Medical teams have been deployed
- 20 Veterinary teams have been deployed.
- Action taken for closure of breach at village Brahmagiripatna under Kanasa Block by DoWR
- 290 persons have been evacuated and sheltered in 3 shelters
- 2632 persons have been evacuated and sheltered in 38 shelters
- 1302 persons have been evacuated and sheltered in 7 shelters
- 5 Medical teams have been deployed.
- 4 Veterinary teams have been deployed.
- Cooked food provided to 18160 persons
- 30 Qntl of Rice and 30 Kg of Gur provided to people in Cuttack city
- 38 Medical and 3 Veterinary teams have deployed in the district.
- Cooked food provided to 1644 persons and dry food provided to 7137 persons.
- 8 Mobile Veterinary teams have been deployed for regular vaccination to animals
- Other Action: Two Naval Helicopters requisitioned from Indian Navy has reached Gopalpur. Air dropping operation will start from tomorrow morning in Aska, Ganjam district.
Notably, the very severe cyclonic storm ‘Titli’ crossed the coast near Palasa in Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh to the southwest of Gopalpur as a very severe cyclonic storm with estimated maximum sustained surface wind speed of 140-150 kmph gusting to 165 kmph between 4.30am and 5.30 am of 11th October 2018. Gopalpur recorded 126 kmph wind speed when the cyclonic storm made at landfall.