Couple killed of electrocution in Athagarh


Athagarh: In a tragic incident, a married couple was killed to electrocution on Tuesday morning while they came in contact with the live wire of a water pump used to irrigate in their crop field.

The deceased were identified as Nira Bhujabal (48) and his wife Narmada (40) of Baunsatangara village under Kandarei gram panchayat of Athagarh block.

When the pump had stopped sprinkling water, Nira went near the machine to repair it but accidentally came in contact with the live wire and died on the spot.

When his wife Narmada who was standing near him tried to save him, she also died coming in touch with the live wire.

Locals rescued the couple and brought their bodies to the Athagarh SDH where after postmortem, their relatives were handed over the bodies. The bodies’ cremation was performed in the village graveyard. The Khuntuni police have registered a case in the matter.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.