Class VII girl electrocuted in Rayagada, probe on

25

Rayagada: In a tragic incident, a class VII girl student was electrocuted at a girls’ hostel at  Kumudapali in Muniguda block in Rayagada district last night.

The deceased was identified as Nandini Kadraka, a student of Kasturba Residential School.

According to sources, the incident occurred last night while Nandini was coming to her room after having dinner. She accidentally came in contact with a live electric wire and lost consciousness.

Though she was rescued by her hostel inmates and immediately rushed to Muniguda Community Health Centre she was declared dead by the doctors, sources said.

Top officials including Rayagada SP and District Education Officer reached the spot to take stock of the situation. A detailed probe into the incident has been initiated, sources added.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.