New Delhi: After the humiliating defeat in the Lord’s Test, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is likely to pose a few questions to chief coach Ravi Shastri and captain Virat Kohli.
Meanwhile the BCCI is mulling to curb the powers of the head coach Shastri while also planning certain changes in the support staff to prevent such humiliation in future.
There were reports of the captain-coach duo of Virat Kohli and Ravi Shastri will be asked some rather tough questions by the board members.
Here are some pointers likely to be discussed in the BCCI board’s meet with Shastri-Kohli duo:
- Made alterations in scheduling to accommodate limited overs cricket before Tests, but yet we fail to adapt.
- India has dropped more than 50 catches since Sridhar took over.
- In batting, no batsman except Kohli has scored a fifty in series.
- What are the protocols that need to be followed when wives travel with players during vital series?
- Should one selector travel with the team to take away unhindered say that the Kohli-Shastri duo has in squad selection for a Test match?
Team India was handed a 2-1 series defeat in South Africa. Learning from the failure against the Proteas, the team decided to organise the limited overs matches before the Test series and England in order to get accustomed to the conditions.
Having won the T20I series 2-1 upon arrival, Kohli’s men were handed a defeat in the ODI series by the same margin by Eoin Morgan’s men.
The Test series, so far, has been even poor for the visitors as Joe Root’s men stand tall with a 2-0 lead in the 5-match series, having won the first two Tests in Edgbaston and Lord’s respectively.
In fact what made the BCCI even furious is that they did everything that was asked in order to help the team adapt to English conditions in a better way but it turned out to be exactly opposite.