Bhubaneswar: The State Government have launched the Odisha Small Savings Incentive Scheme for the calendar year 2019 under the notation ‘AQ’ series.
Under this scheme, any eligible person who deposits a minimum amount of Rs 2,000 in any Small Savings Schemes during the calendar year 2019 in any Post office or Bank situated within the State of Odisha can obtain a free web-based coupon from the office of the Collectors, Sub-Collectors and BDOs.
A State-level lucky draw of the scheme will be held on 26.04.2020, in which people can win cash award as an incentive for their habit of thrift. There are 2428 number of prizes in seven categories, amounting to Rs 74 lakhs, including the first prize Rs.5 lakh.
It is expected that the people will not run after the suspicious non-banking private financial institutions, in the greed of high returns, rather they will show their faith in the Small Savings Schemes which is proven to be safe and secured.
Highlights of the Scheme:
- Period of the scheme-01.01.2019 to 31.12.2019
- Minimum amount of deposit -Rs. 2,000/- for participation in the scheme
- One free incentive coupon is to be issued for deposit of Rs. 2,000/- each
- Eligible Small Savings schemes are NSC-VIII issue, KVP, SSA, PPF, SCSS P.O.M.I.S/N.S.M.I.A, P.O.R.D/N.S.R.D.A and 5yr P.O.T.D/5yr N.S.T.D.A.
- Deposits must be made in any Post Offices or Banks situated within the State of Odisha only. SCSS deposits made in Banks should be a Govt. of India Small Savings Scheme.
- “AQ” series web-based coupons are available in O/o the Collectors, Sub-Collectors and BDOs.
- Last date of issue of coupon-29.02.2020
- Date of draw-26.04.2020 at Bhubaneswar.
- There are 2428 nos. of prizes in 07 categories.