Over 60 houses gutted in massive fire at Angul


Angul: Around 23 families rendered homeless after 60 houses were gutted in a massive fire mishap at Karatpata village in Angul district on Sunday.

Firefighters from Angul struggled till night to douse the flames. The affected villagers failed to save their household items, paddy and gold ornaments.

The fire broke out in the house of Kuluni Sahu and rapidly engulfed the locality as all houses in the neighbourhood were thatch roofed.

Though the exact reason of the fire is still unclear, it was suspected that an electric short circuit led to mishap.

The block administration provided cooked food to over 200 affected persons in the village. The villagers claimed that their houses could have been saved from the inferno if the government had listened to their repeated pleas of establishing a fire office in Bantala.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.