19 girls of a private marketing firm taken ill after consuming stale food
Jharsuguda: As many as 19 girls of a private marketing firm at Baxi Chowk in Jharsuguda were taken ill yesterday after consuming stale food from their mess.
As per sources, soon after having the food, the girls complained of stomach pain and some of them started vomiting and were rushed to the District Headquarters Hospital.
Doctors attending them have stated that their condition is stable but were administered with saline.
The doctors also informed that they fell ill due to food poisoning. It is suspected that the food was made early and served late causing food poisoning, added the sources.