16 houses gutted in two separate fire mishaps
Bhadrak: As many as 16 houses were gutted in two separate fire mishaps that broke out at two villages under Banta and Tihidi blocks in Bhadrak district last night.
In the first incident, eight rooms were destroyed after a fire broke out at Malatira village due to suspected short-circuit last night.
According to sources, the fire erupted at one, Seikh Sabudhin’s house and later it engulfed to nearby houses.
In a similar incident, eight rooms of six families were gutted in Satibati village. On being informed, fire service was pressed in to douse the flames.
The fire erupted at one, Khageswara Acharaya’s house last night. After the family members noticed the blaze, they immediately rushed outside the house and alerted the fire service department.
In the mishap, eight rooms of six families were gutted and properties worth lakhs were reduced to ashes.