10 injured as electric wire falls into pond in Ganjam


Ganjam: At least 10 persons were injured, three of them critically, after an electric wire snapped and fell into a pond at Gudiali village under Kabisuryanagar police limits in Ganjam district on Wednesday.

According to sources, a group of women and children were taking bath in the pond in the morning when the electric wire passing over the pond snapped and fell into the water body. Upon being informed, fire service personnel rushed to the spot and rescued the victims.

The injured were rushed to Kabisuryanagar hospital. Later, three injured, whose condition was stated to be critical, were shifted to Asika hospital.

According to sources, the the electric wire through which electricity connection was given to the village was hung over the pond in an unsafe condition. The residents blamed the negligence of the electric department for the mishap.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.